I am so very pleased to say that community classes start again this week! All venues have given the go-ahead for classes to resume. There will be new guidelines and procedures for using the community venues in light of COVID-19, but if we all do our bit, we should be able to practice safely together.
The venues are luckily large enough for us to practice and observe social distancing without restricting numbers. We may need to alter the room layout to practice in rows rather than in the circular layout we usually, use, however each class will be assessed based on participants at the time.
Importantly, as part of track and trace measures, you will be required to provide name, address and contact details so that you can attend class. You can do this in advance by booking online, or you can do this when you arrive at class (please allow extra time for this).
The main points to bear in mind when practicing at community venues are as follows:
- Please queue outside the building allowing 2 metres between each person prior to entering the halls
- A one-way system for entry and exit will be in operation. Please follow signage at the venue
- Hand sanitisers will be available for use at the venues
- There will be no yoga equipment available to borrow; please make sure you bring everything you need with you
- Kitchens will be out of use at all venues. Toilets will be in use to allow one person at a time to use the facilities
- Place your belongings on the floor in the hall to keep use of furniture to a minimum. If you need to use a chair for your practice you can do so, but please leave it set out in the hall for cleaning afterwards.
- Doors and windows will be open for ventilation purposes. Please try not to touch door or window handles unless necessary
- Mats will be spaced 2 metres apart during the class
- You can choose to wear a mask before or during your practice – please make your own assessments of whether this is appropriate for you
- Please make your own assessments of your health and individual risk factors in taking group classes
- If you feel unwell at all, do not attend class
- You will be required to provide name, address and contact details at the time of booking or on entry to the class (please allow extra time for this)
- Payment should be contactless where possible. Loyalty cards can still be used (and cash if that is your only means of payment)
- There will be no late entry once the class has started due to data collecting requirements. Please arrive in good time or book online to provide details in advance of the class.
If you have any questions, please get in touch [email protected]
See you soon!