Date(s) - 14/05/2019 - 09/07/2019
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
TopLine Dance Studio
The 8 session Mindfulness Practitioner Course is aimed at assisting you to develop a practice that can change your mind and your life. The course will include teachings, practice and discussion each week.
The course consists of 8 sessions of approx 90 minutes each session. There will be one session per week over the course of 8 weeks.
You will be provided with course materials each week to help you to develop and sustain your practice.
The course will cover themes of:
- the mindfulness of breathing – what mindfulness is and how to do it. The beginning of developing awareness
- body awareness – moving out of the mind and into the body. Learning to tune into your bodily experience of the moment
- mindful living – training the brain through mindfulness. Starting mindful movements
- seeking change – calming the busyness of the mind and understanding the ‘self’
- self-compassion – working with emotions and kindness. Using mindfulness with life’s difficulties
- increasing awareness – working on perception and thought. Visualisation and dealing with pain
- compassion with wisdom – becoming ‘life-centred’ and understanding inter-relatedness
- a mindful life – taking mindfulness off the meditation cushion and into everyday life
The course takes place on Tuesdays for 8 weeks. Each class runs from 1.30 pm – 3 pm.
The course starts on Tuesday 14th May 2019 and runs up to and including Tuesday 9th July 2019, with a home practice week on Tuesday 11th June.
Full course dates are:
14th, 21st, 28th May, 4th, 18th, 25th June, 2nd, 9th July.
The practitioner course is £160. Please book your space online.
Cancellations: If you are unable to attend the course, cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to the start of the course. Any cancellations received with less than 7 days notice will be considered on an individual basis. There can be no refunds once a course has started, although it may be possible to transfer your booking to an alternative course.
Bookings are closed for this event.